Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I'm Looking for Kaffe Fasset Fabric!

I remember someone commenting one time that they don't like blogs that all they do is talk about the fabric they found.  I will try to keep those kinds of posts to a minimum but since I spent all weekend at the track meet and didn't get any sewing done, this is all I have to share today.  And besides, I kind of LIKE seeing that kind of stuff.  I remember reading someone's blog recently where she bought over 30 yards of fabric!  For cheap!

I kept thinking, wow, stuff like that never happens to me . . . until today!

A lady who has been quilting for years advertised some of her stash on CraigsList for some great prices and I jumped at the chance!   She told me she was more into art quilting now and some of these fabrics just didn't work anymore.  She had a TON for sale and she said that was probably only 1/4 of her stash.  Sounds like a kindred spirit, eh?  

Here is what I bought.  I tend to like lots of color and will probably do something scrappy with these.

She must have been quilting for years because there were several dated 1996!

This one is a novelty that I found amusing . . .


Here are a few others that caught my eye, a pretty oriental fabric . . .


A retro fabric with big orange flowers.  Anybody recognize this?   Do you think it might be Kaffee Fasset?  Even if it isn't, I just like its retro vibe.


I have become an avid seeker of Kaffe Fasset fabrics!   I bought Kelly Young's (My Quilt Infatuation) Courtyard Tile pattern that is perfect for showcasing large scale prints and I need 20 fat quarters to make it.  So if anybody out there has some Kaffee Fasset  (or just some awesome large scale prints) lying around and you would like to trade for something else, I'm your lady!  I got such a good deal on this fabric today that I'll give you four fat quarters for one Kaffe Fasset FQ.  Show me what you've got and tell me what you're looking for!

My favorite find of the day was a vintage Kaffe Fasset piece.  I tried dating it but the site I found with past years of his fabrics only went back to 2009.   Here it is.  Anybody got any idea what year this is from?


I'm linking to Needle and Thread Thursday and Fabric Frenzy Friday hoping someone out there has some Kaffe Fassett for me!

Keep on creating!

Janice



9 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like a great score. You have lots for your stash and to use for trading, too. I love scrappy patchwork, and it looks like these fabrics could keep you busy for awhile. Oh, the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bargain, Some followers would kill for the old out of date fabrics to complete their collections. I will look forward to seeing what you make from your new found treasure.
    Smiles
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a find! That retro orange one is nice! I would have not guessed the last one was a Kaffe. Courtyard tiles will be the perfect pattern to showcase Kaffe's large scale prints. I have a some I can round up for you, no swapping required! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun stuff in your fabric acquisitions. I really like those vintage Kaffe prints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great score! Have fun creating with those. Can't help you on the dates, sorry, and I started quilting in '96.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cow one is fantastic!!!! Love your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding those bits and pieces that you wouldn't normally pick out in a fabric store. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great find! Looking forward to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kaffe Fassett fabrics were a favourite of mine too when I first began quilting. This is a lovely bulk fabric buy. Have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!