Thursday, September 22, 2016

2016 Bloggers Quilt Festival

What a fun thing Amy Ellis has put together!  Seeing everybody's favorite creations all at one time will be a most enjoyable blog reading experience!  Click on this  Bloggers Quilt Festival link to see the beauty!  I am going to enter because even though I'm a newbie and hardly made anything at all this year, there are still some random drawings for all participants so I'm going for it.  (too bad there isn't a category for newbies).

You can see my original post about this quilt here.

My entry was inspired by a pattern I liked in the 2013 May/June issue of Fons & Porter.  It is a pattern designed by  Kimberly Jolly called Strawberry Skies. 

Here are the fabrics I chose to use . . . 



And here is my miniature version of this design . . .





I forgot to take a picture of the back but it is a super soft minky-like fabric that just begs to be petted.  The end of this story is I made this quilt for my niece who was supposed to be having a girl but she came out a Calvin!   

Hope you all enjoy the Quilt Festival!  Please be sure to vote for your favorites in each category.  There are some gorgeous and very creative designs!

Blessed quilting!





12 comments:

  1. Your little quilt is beautiful Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see this one again and glad it will be in the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt Janice, and you made such a good job of it. Such even quilting and it looks great with the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Love that the girl ended up being Calvin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Love that the girl ended up being Calvin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Love that the girl ended up being Calvin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quilt! Such good fabric choices too. Good choice to enter into the festival! You did such a great job with it. You keep saying you were new to quilting with it, but I don't believe you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done! I love the fabrics and the quilting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweetie you won my giveaway from Wont-to-bequilter , send me your address please , Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, the fabric choices, the photos, and your words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely little quilt. The fabrics are so pretty and the birds just too cute.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!