Thursday, September 15, 2016

Three Quilty Things!

Even though I haven't done a lot of sewing myself this week, I do have three quilt related things to talk about.

1.  EBAY!!  I love shopping on ebay for fabric so if you are an ebay seller who frequently sells fabric, please send me your seller name!  I am going to create a tab on my blog with a list of these.  Who better to support than fellow quilters!


2.  QUILT SHOW AND TELL (sort of)!!  So here is what I spent my Sunday doing.  At our church (in a small rural Idaho town) we have an annual event that we put on for the community called Family Fair and Roundup.  There are people who wouldn't ever step foot in a church but they would come to a fair and rodeo!  It starts off with a church service with good country gospel music in the rodeo arena, a sermon by our pastor and then the stage is disassembled and we have a real live rodeo with prizes and everything for the cowboys and cowgirls (barrel racing!).  There are food booths, and a huge dessert booth with all kinds of homemade pie and cobbler and soft ice cream.  There are games for the kids and we had a gentleman do a leather embossing craft with the kids.   And last but not least, a quilt show!   We try to get at least 25-30 quilts to show and this year we had 45!   All of these quilts are made by either someone in the church or by someone we know.   I'm bummed that I didn't get more pictures of them.  What was I thinking???   Next year I'll do better.  This is the third year we organized a quilt show.







I failed to get a picture of the entire quilt but I hope you enjoy these closeups of some of this VERY vintage fabric!




3.  GIVEAWAY PRIZES!!

Now to announce the prize winners of the Shadow Block Mini Blog Hop!

The winners were the two blog participants whose birthdays were closest to mine and Jen Rosin.  

My birthday was September 11 and the closest to that is Amanda Forest at Quiltologie (hers is later this month)  

Jen's birthday is in April and Jennifer Fulton of Inquiring Quilter was the only other April birthday.

The winner of the squares provided by Jennifer Strauser of Dizzy Quilter 
is Marlene Scobbie at Black Cat Quilting

Jen offered a prize for anyone who left a comment on all of the blogs in the blog hop and there were only four commenters who accomplished that.  I created the list and told Jen to pick a number between 1 and 4.  She picked #1 who happened to be Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting Jetgirl!  Yvonne is a great commenter too.  She comments a lot on the same blogs I do and you can tell she has read every word and strives to leave relevant and thoughtful comments.

And last but not least, was a prize for anyone who left a comment on any of the participating bloggers.  There were 320 comments left.  Great traffic ladies!
  
The Random Generator picked Katie at Life in Pieces.  I have e-mailed you.

Quilty blessings!



7 comments:

  1. Great photos of your fair Janice, The quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun was had by all at the fair! What a wonderful turnout of beautiful quilts and such a wonderful variety. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all the winners!
    It looks like it was a very successful turnout at your fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilts at your fair! I bet it will continue to grow each year. And I love the rodeo part as well. The very best part of my childhood was riding horses and barrel racing! I always hoped to get back to my horsey roots, but these days my life is overrun by fabric. :-) My mom and I run a small online quilting store from my home in rural east Texas, and the majority of our sales come through our eBay store. Since that was #1 on your post today, here is the link to our store: http://stores.ebay.com/TonyBugDesigns/
    Hope y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did get a lot of pictures! Such beautiful quilts. I always like pictures of open air quilt displays. I've never been to a single one but do appreciate the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fair sounds amazing - I would have come if I loved nearby!! The quilts look amazing hanging up in the shelters - I am sure they were well and truly admired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of all the quilts at the fair - I wish we had more of that sort of thing over here.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!