We have decided to make this event a regular thing and are calling it Jen and Jan's Mini Blog Hop QAL. This go-round will be using a pattern that Jen has designed herself. I'm so proud of her! When she published it, it quickly became the most downloaded free pattern for the day on Craftsy!
This mini finishes at approximately 16 inches square depending on your own choices. The "quilt" in the yard is a 4 inch block which you can personalize any way you see fit. You can design your own or here is a great resource for finding free 4" blocks: Free Quilt Block Patterns Library
We encourage you to personalize this mini in as many ways as you see fit through the quilting, using embroidery, applique, beads, buttons, etc. . . .or just sew up the block and let the fabric do all the work. The possibilities are endless!
All blog hop participants will be entered in a drawing for either a free class from Craftsy or a $25 gift certificate from Fat Quarter Shop.
If you are interested in participating in this blog hop, just
1. Leave a comment on this blog post and let me know! Please include your name, name of your blog, blog URL, e-mail address and Instagram address (if you have one). I'll send out the final list of all participants to everybody to add to their blog post shortly before Reveal Day.
2. Download the pattern here, and make the mini! It goes together fast once you'e picked your fabrics!
3. Prepare a blog post about it to be revealed on March 10.
4. Please add the button to your side bar. The grabbable button and code is on my right hand sidebar at the top.
5. If you use Instagram, be sure to share your mini at #jenandjansminiqal
The pattern Jen wrote is very good and should be easy to follow; however, if you want more pictures to follow, she wrote a detailed tutorial with illustrations you can follow here.
Here is my first try at this pattern. It's just a flimsy at this stage (I'll make another one for reveal day) but it gives you another version to see right now. I just love the log cabin block and the little birds in the yard!
For all my quilting friends who don't have your own blog, I would LOVE to have you join in and make this little mini too. I want to have a whole slew of versions to show on Reveal Day! Please contact me if you are interested in making one. It would totally make my day!
Linking to:Busy Hands Quilts
Confessions of a Fabric Addict